The photo accompanying an article claiming "Maths 'too hard for students and dons': Universities drop subject from science courses" is of a blackboard with maths that makes no sense.
- a nonsense vector equation
- a pointless series adjoined without explanation to a meaningless delta equivalence (assuming the series is of t, y is +/1)
- an equation with a missing right bracket
- a bastardisation of Boyle's Law
- the function product differentiation identity
- some trivial differentiation identities
Whoever is the mathmo who wrote that up for you, he holds journalists in complete contempt. I'm with him.